Monday, March 24, 2014

Teeg and trigger thumb


Well we're headed up to Primary's to go meet with the orthopedic surgeon. I noticed in the first of February as I was trying to show him how many fingers were what as we counted. I got to his thumb and I couldn't get it to stand straight. So I moved his well child visit up earlier and met with the dr. I googled the crap out of what might be wrong. I found the words trigger thumb. The thing with trigger thumb is that it locks for periods of time and unlocks and is able to bend. Well that wasn't the case for teeg. His was stuck even after warm baths. I started going back through pictures on my laptop and I found one from last march. I am shocked I didn't notice this sooner. The last week or two he has come up to me and told me it hurts. We have since had an xray done and that was so traumatizing for him! He just cried and cried:( I wasn't able to be in there since I'm pregnant. His results came back and the dr can see calcification on this tendon. So we were referred to go see the orthopedic surgeon and Primary's. We will find out what is our next move and on progress to fix it. I have watched a couple of videos on the actual surgery and it's very non invasive and simple but he will need to be put asleep and that scares me as a mother. 

1 comment:

Shalisa Hazleton said...

I understand being scared. Try surgery on a 3 month old. Not fun. Hopefully they can get it fixed soon and things will be better for him. Poor kid!